What are topographic surveys and what are they used for?
What are topographic surveys?
An integrated part of the documentation necessary to obtain building permits, demolition or framing in urban plans, topographic surveys are the result of field measurements and facilitate the transposition of technical projects in the field according to the plans that make them up.
The topographic plan reproduces on a scale a terrain represented graphically by points on the earth’s surface, designed orthogonally. The representation of the elements studied from a topographical point of view will faithfully reproduce the geometric shape, the planimetry elements and the relief of the land analyzed in accordance with the norms of the 1970 Stereographic Projection (official cartographic projection in our country).
What is the role of topographic surveys?
When the topographic surveys (topographic plan) receives the approval from OCPI (Office of Cadastre and Real Estate Advertising) of the county where the location is located, the documentation acquires the legal value certifying that the studied plot has characteristics described in it, from the dimensions mentioned on the surface or at the limits of construction as well as how it is actually positioned in space.
What does a topographic survey include?
Designed to include the geometric shape of the analyzed terrain and the constructions on its surface on the map of the area where they are located, the topographic survey must include relevant information such as:
- The exact positioning of the studied objectives (land and construction) and their location in relation to the boundaries of the neighboring buildings.
- Existing municipal networks in the area (water supply networks, domestic sewerage, rainwater networks, electricity supply, natural gas supply) and their connections with main pipelines.
- Shapes, dimensions and boundaries that delimit each element included in the study.
- Level differences in the analyzed perimeter.
- The presence and dynamics of white water near the studied area.
- Vegetation elements from the analyzed perimeter.
A topographic plan can be:
- planimetric (when determining the position in the plane of the points on the analyzed surface)
- altimetric (when determining the vertical position / altitude of the identified points)
The documents required to carry out a topographic survey include the following documents:
- land book extract
- town planning certificate
- plan or sketch of the building to be measured (if applicable)
- other deeds of ownership of the property (as the case may be, the sale-purchase contract, the certificate of heir, etc.).
In the case of more requested information about the existing constructions on the studied land, such as: the shape of the roof, details on the facades decorations or the exact dimensions of certain parts of the building, you can also have the option of 3D scanning.
Who conducts a topographic survey?
Prepared at the requirements of the designer, architect or when required by state institutions through the urbanism certificate, the topographic surveys is made by individuals or legal entities approved by ANCPI (National Agency for Cadastre and Real Estate Advertising.
A surveyor is the one who can prepare such documentation and he will also take care of submitting the application for approval, submitted to the Office of Cadastre and Real Estate Advertising in the county where the studied objective is located.
What is the cost of a topographic survey?
Eurosurvey offers topographic survey documentation services and the prices vary depending on the area studied and the complexity of the work, the related services that we provide to our customers
- obtaining the town planning certificate for merging/dismantling
- drafting the plan for the declaration of use and servitude for ENEL (without measurements), for DISTRIGAZ (under the same conditions)
- drafting a plan for street frame overlapping according to the approved urban planning documentation
- drafting a coordinates inventory plan according to E-TERRA
- obtaining the municipal networks plan from PMB
- certification for post code and number address
- building certificate
We offer specialized services, up-to-date information on the necessary documentation and details on the steps you need to follow.
We offer you our experience of over 14 years in ensuring the highest quality standards in the field of topographic measurements, survey and real estate Registration and 3D scanning and we assure you of the active involvement of the whole team in order to obtain the expected results.