Objective: Obtaining building facades and bond surfaces applied to facades
Scanned surface: 4200 sqm
Deliverables: 2D construction facades (4 facades), the total surface of the bonds on the 4 facades
Equipment used: Trimble TX8
Eurosurvey team: 2 land surveyors with experience in 3D scanning and survey engineering / 1 land surveyor with experience in point cloud processing
Workflow (office and on-site):
- Acquisition of site located in Bucharest
- Establishing the positioning for the scanning stations and the resolution used according to the degree of detail required by the design theme
- Connecting the previously positioned stations was carried out on the basis of the scanned common plans (the common plans are represented by floor, ceiling, partition walls). A total of 21 3D laser scanning stations were implemented
- Point cloud registration was performed with Trimble RealWorks software with an overall cloud-to-cloud error of 1.922 mm.
- Extracting facades from the point cloud using AutoCAD software and calculating bond areas in Excel.