What is 3D modeling?
3D modeling is, in relation to computer graphics, the process of developing a representation based on mathematical coordinates of any surface of a three-dimensional object through specialized software by manipulating edges, vertices and polygons in a simulated 3D space.
How has 3D modeling developed in the recent years?
The world of building design with the help of a design tablet and tracing paper may seem distant to the generations that opened their eyes in the age of digitization, and if you ask about these tools that used to create technical drawings, you may have some references to specialized museums.
The technique has evolved quite a lot in Romania as well, with CAD programs gaining ground through the multitude of functions they offer and the available options that make the work of engineers easier.
3D modeling has quickly become a branch of design with applicability in all its forms, radically changing the entire process of organizing projects.
The ease that comes with the fact that you can always change the lines already drawn, the one with which you can rotate 360 degrees or turn the perspective of a construction, the speed with which you can generate lists of materials or a backup in case you change your mind about creative vision or quick access, in the network, locally or online throughout the project, these details made 3D modeling the appreciated kind of skill.
When can we use 3D modeling?
The versatility of 3D modeling makes it irreplaceable in various fields such as:
- Architecture (apartments, bungalows, resorts, shopping malls, hotels, schools, universities, restaurants, hospitals, residential buildings)
- industrial construction (halls)
- interior design, works of art (bridges, viaducts, tunnels), archeological sites, roads communications (roads / railways)
- film, animation and video game industry.
5 benefits of 3D modeling
The importance of knowing the multiple advantages of using 3D modeling in all actions related to construction design is extremely high. Their list grows in proportion to:
- the scope of the projects carried out
- the size of the involved team
- deadlines and accuracy of the requested details
- the specific details of each project, the possibility of parameterizing them
- customization of final deliverables.
Among the benefits of 3D modeling there are:
- Generation of measurements and lists of quantities in formats universally agreed by users.
- Modeling any surfaces and transposing them into BIM (Building Information Modeling).
- Generating complex plans in a relatively short time – plans and sections generated from the 3D model.
- Reducing design risks by automatically detecting conflicts between elements.
- The time savings that the use of 3D modeling imprints on the rehabilitation processes of a building.
As we can no longer imagine a design office in construction full of engineers who traces every detail with the compass, the preservation and use of 3D modeling in all works developed in our field of activity is that ”must have” without which the wheels of the whole team would move slowly.
Eurosurvey recognizes the importance of implementing the digitization of engineering design programs and promoting 3D modeling systems that support progress, facilitate access and deliver seamless results.
We recommend 3D modeling from Eurosurvey for the quality of the results generated, the professionalism of the team involved in the development of each project and and the quality of 3D scanning services.